Ahhh is there anything better than cheesecake? ❤ Click over to Annemerel’s blog to read the recipe in Dutch!
What do you need?
- 500 gr digestive cookies
- 70 gr unsalted butter
- a little salt
- 900 gr cream cheese (monchou in Dutch) – Awww so much! Fatty! 😉
- 250 gr sugar (yes, it becomes even worse!)
- Some vanilla sugar (about the contents of 4 sticks)
- 4 large eggs
- 150 ml crème fraiche (and worse….)
- 150 ml whipped cream (not from a ‘spray’ can!) (And WORSE! Hahah, I never said it was a healthy cake..)
- A topping, if you like. I used frozen raspberries here (for the Dutchies: de doosjes diepvries fruit van de Albert Heijn), but of course you can go for all kinds of fruits, chocolate sprinkles… whatever you like. Adding fruits to the cake mix itself is also a possibility!
How to make it?
Preheat the oven to 160C. Crumble the cookies, melt the butter and mix it, cover the bottom of the spring cake tin with this mix and then mix the cream cheese (monchou) until it is soft and clear. Add the sugar, vanilla, a little salt, and the eggs, one by one while mixing it. Keep mixing and add the crème fraiche and the whipped cream. Mix all the ingredients until smooth, then shed it carefully over the cookies, in the tin. Put it in the oven for about an hour and let it cool down afterwards. When it is cooled, it should be put in the refridgerator to harden it up further.
Bon appetit, it is DELICIOUS!